This course is designed to provide certified athletic trainers, physical therapists, coaches, emergency medical service providers and physicians with a comprehensive review of current, cutting-edge concepts and techniques, and the keys to success when managing football athletes on the sidelines. The lectures and hands-on session will be essential in preparing course participants to:
· Diagnose and efficiently treat common injuries on the gridiron
· Improve skill for face-mask, helmet removal and boarding and the assessment of the prone down football player (LIVE on field demonstrations for removal and boarding – ideal for real time practice of acquired knowledge)
· Confidently implement the most current concepts in evaluation and management of suspected concussion on the sidelines
· Be prepared for sideline emergencies
· Implement a thorough orthopedic sideline exam
BOC Credit for Athletic Trainers - EBP CREDITS AVAILABLE
Columbia University Center for Shoulder, Elbow and Sports Medicine
(BOC AP# P8611) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to
provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is
eligible for a maximum of 4 EBP Category hours/CEUs. ATs should
claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
Physical Therapy Credit Designation Statement
Columbia University is approved by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved provider of continuing education for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
No individual will be denied participation in the Centers CE programs on the basis of race, color, national origin religion, sex, disability, Military Status, sexual orientation or age.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUND POLICY
Attendees that cancel at least 7 days prior before the event- will be issued refund of 100%. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received later. If a participant is registered and did not attend they are still responsible for full payment. Participants should contact Dawn Vega, Division Academic Coordinator via phone or email with a request for refund: 212-305-8188 | firstname.lastname@example.org