Video Visit Information & Instructions for Patients
Before your video visit with a Columbia Orthopedics specialist, please review the information and instructions below. Make sure you meet the requirements and follow these steps to ensure that your virtual appointment goes as smoothly as possible.
Contact our appointment team at 212-305-4565 to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists. We are open Monday to Friday from 9 am – 5 pm.
Video Visit Checklist
Please confirm that you can answer YES to the following questions. If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our team.
- Do you have a scheduled appointment with a Columbia Orthopedics provider?
- Do you have the Zoom application downloaded on your iOS or Android mobile device OR access to computer equipped with a webcam for your video visit?
- Do you have a strong and stable internet connection at the location where you will be for your video visit?
- Do you have access to a quiet, well-lit room with enough room to perform any demonstrated physical exam maneuvers?
- Do you have a MyChart account?
- If you do not have a MyChart account, visit myconnectnyc.org, complete the form, and respond to the security questions to confirm your identity.
Video Visit Instructions
If you are using the MyChart app, search for "Columbia University Irving Medical Center," and select it as your primary institution.
Step 1: One in the the MyChart app or Connect portal, log into your account and click on Appointments
Step 2: Select eCheck-In on the appropriate Video Visit appointment
Step 3: Complete all check-in steps and Review & Sign all documents and forms (including Video Visit Consent), then select Continue
Step 4: Click Launch Meeting and Open to launch Zoom and enter the "Waiting Room" *
* If prompted, Allow Microphone & Camera Access to enter the meeting