Video Visit Information & Instructions for Patients
Before your video visit with a Columbia Orthopedics specialist, please review the information and instructions below. Make sure you meet the requirements and follow these steps to ensure that your virtual appointment goes as smoothly as possible.
Or, call us at 212.305.4565 from 9 am – 5 pm.
Video Visit Checklist
Please confirm that you can answer YES to the following questions. If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our team.
- Do you have a scheduled appointment with a Columbia Orthopedics provider?
- Do you have access to an iOS or Android mobile device for your video visit?
- Do you have a strong and stable internet connection at the location where you will be for your video visit?
- Do you have access to a quiet, well-lit room with enough room to perform any demonstrated physical exam maneuvers?
- Do you have a MyChart account?
- If you do not have a MyChart account, visit myconnectnyc.org, complete the form, and respond to the security questions to confirm your identity.
Video Visit Instructions
Once in the MyChart app, search for "Columbia University Irving Medical Center," and select it as your primary institution.
Step 1: Open the MyChart app, log into your account, click on Appointments *
Step 2: Select eCheck-In on the appropriate Video Visit appointment
Step 3: Select Review and Sign all documents and forms (including Video Visit Consent), then select Continue
Step 4: Once green, click the Begin Visit button at the bottom of your screen
* Do not click on the stethoscope "E-Visit" icon, as this is an entirely different tool and is not used for video visits.