The American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons 2019 Annual Meeting
Dr. William N. Levine takes over as ASES President
The American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES) 2019 Annual Meeting will feature talks, research, a presidential presentation and a live surgery from Columbia Orthopedics faculty and residents. The meeting will take place October 17th to 19th in New York, New York. The ASES annual meeting serves as a forum where top national and international Orthopaedic surgeons can meet, share new ideas, and present research.
Columbia Orthopedics Chair and ASES President-Elect, William N. Levine, MD will receive the ASES Presidential Gavel during the annual meeting on Friday, October 18th. Dr. Levine will become President of ASES for the 2019-20 year.
I am humbled as I begin my role as the 36th President of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons. I am proud to carry on the tradition of Drs. Neer and Bigliani and pledge to represent the organization with all of the integrity and enthusiasm of my predecessors.
William N. Levine, MD
See below for the syllabus of presentations, lectures, papers, and surgeries being presented by Columbia Orthopedics faculty and residents:
Thursday, October 17, 2019
Symposium II: Therapeutics for Shoulder & Elbow Surgery – Techniques and Pearls
- 1:48pm – My Tips for Exposure and Proper Tunnel Placement for UCL Surgery. Christopher S. Ahmad, MD.
Concurrent Session B – Live Surgery Symposium
- 3:00pm – Live Surgery: Lateral Decubitus Bankart Repair. Charles M. Jobin, MD.
Friday, October 18, 2019
Instructional Course Lectures
- 6:45am – ICL #203: Revision UCL Reconstruction. Christopher S. Ahmad, MD. (Other Lecturers: David W. Altchek, MD, George A. Paletta, Jr., MD)
- 6:45am – ICL #205: Guided Tour of Posters: Rotator Cuff, Shoulder Neurological, Shoulder – Other/ Miscellaneous (Posters 33-40). Charles M. Jobin, MD.
- 8:15am – Baseball Shoulder & Elbow Symposium. Christopher S. Ahmad, MD. (Other Panelists: Teruhisa Mihata, MD, PhD, Mark S. Schickendantz, MD, Hiroyuki Sugaya, MD)
Passing of the ASES Presidential Gavel
- 12:05pm – Frank A. Cordasco, MD, MS, and William N. Levine, MD
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Instructional Course Lectures
- 6:45am – ICL #302: Elbow Arthritis in the Young Patient. Charles M. Jobin, MD. (Other Lecturer: Ken Yamaguchi, MD, MBA)
Symposium V: Stemless Shoulder Arthroplasty
- 9:45am - Pre-recorded Surgery: A Canal Sparing Total Shoulder Arthroplasty with Multiplanar Osteotomy and Oblique Glenoid Approach. William N. Levine, MD
- 10:10am - Stemless Shoulder Arthroplasty – Where Are We Now? William N. Levine, MD. (Other Panelists: R. Sean Churchill, MD, Matthias Flury, MD)
Paper Session #7: Shoulder Arthritis
- 11:07am - Paper #43: 3-Dimensional Planning Software Overestimates Glenoid Retroversion and Posterior Subluxation When Compared to Traditional 2-Dimensional Measurements. Michael L. Knudsen, MD. (Authors: Michael L. Knudsen, MD, Charles M. Jobin, MD, William N. Levine, MD)